Was your New Year’s Resolution to “get healthy?” Do you think it means that you will never enjoy what you are eating again because it will taste like cardboard and be flavorless? NOPE!! There are plenty of delicious, healthy for you foods to enjoy all while sticking to your New Years resolution.
So, most likely, you know the basics of eating healthy. Stick with lean protein choices, such as chicken and turkey breast, fish, lean cuts of beef and legumes and beans. Choose foods that are grilled or roasted and not fried. Enjoy plenty of fruits and vegetables. Whole grain foods are the better choice. Limit sugary sweets. And, most importantly, watch those portions. Eat off a smaller plate with smaller utensils and do not eat late into the evening when your body is getting itself ready to sleep. The metabolism tends to slow down towards nighttime. And, of course, drink plenty of water.
So…what does a healthy day of meals look like?
- Egg white omelet with vegetables and a slice of whole grain toast with a small amount of smushed avacado
- coffee with skim milk
Lunch (12:00pm ):
- Whole grain wrap with grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, mustard and a side salad topped with touch of olive oil and vinegar and water
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt with a cup of berries and Carrington Farms Chia seed on top
- Water or tea
- Wild salmon on top of sautéed spinach and mushrooms with a small side of wild rice
(And then, after dinner I always have a sweet treat. In my mind, dessert “closes the meal” so I know I’m done eating for the day.)
Sweet Treat (8:00):
- Healthy Cocoa Bar. This healthy bar is easy to make and uses real ingredients. You can find the recipe on the Carrington Farms’ website by clicking here.
Make 2018 the best year yet!! Here’s to a healthier you !!